If you live anywhere in the state of Texas, then there’s no doubt you’re already aware that state and local elections will be here before you know it. Election Day isn’t until November 7th; however, early voting in these elections begins on October 23rd.
Here is all of the information that you should make note of regarding what all you need to do in order to begin the process of registering for local texas elections!
When is the Deadline for Registering?
The deadline for registering to vote in the November 7th elections is Tuesday, October 10th.
What Are All of the Different Requirements?
You must meet all of the following requirements in order to be eligible to vote anywhere in the state of Texas:
- A legal citizen of the United States of America.
- A resident of the county in which you initially submit your application to be able to vote.
- At least 17 years and 10 months in age.
- Not have been previously convicted of a felony. The only exception to this specific requirement is that you must have completed your sentence, including incarceration, parole, and probation.
- Not have been declared to be either partially or totally mentally incapacitated without the right to vote by a court.
How Can I Determine if I am Already Registered to Vote?
In order to determine whether or not you are already registered to vote either in the state of Texas or in your current county, you can go online to check your status by visiting the websites of either the Texas Secretary of State or the Secretary of State in the county in which you currently reside. To check your status, you will need to provide one of the following pieces of information:
- County of residence
- Date of birth
- Voter registration certificate number
- Texas Driver’s License Number
Thank you for visiting The Mata Real Estate Team’s blog. We are your complete source for home buying in Hays County. Contact our office today if you are looking to move to Buda.